So good, it’ll take you to heaven.
Who can go past a combo of honey, white peaches and ricotta? Intermingling some of our fave healthy foods with an exotic touch of rosewater is this delish, healthy middle Eastern dessert.
Because it’s completely free from refined sugar and processed ingredients, this is one clean eating treat you can eat all year round without feeling guilty. Better still, it’s criminally easy to throw together, so your inner lazy girl will be happy.
- 4 teaspoons of unsalted butter
- 3 ripe white peaches, quartered
- 1 1/4 of firm ricotta
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Optional: 1/4 cup fresh, edible rose petals
1. Heat a heavy-based griddle pan over medium to high heat. Place the butter on the pan and spread evenly on the surface. Place the peach quarters on to the griddle so you get nice char marks and caramelise the peaches on each flesh side for one to two minutes.
2. In a bowl, combine the ricotta, rosewater and lemon juice.
3. To serve, spoon a dollop of the ricotta onto a plate and delicately place the white peach quarters around the ricotta, drizzle with a tablespoon of honey and garnish with almonds and rose petals.