Pear And Chocolate Muffin Recipe
Pear and chocolate are one of the most delicious flavour partners, and together in a muffin make the ideal morning or afternoon tea snack.
2 Packham’s Triumph pears, peeled and grated
375 g self-raising flour
250 g caster sugar
500 mls milk
250 g butter, melted and cooled slightly
5 free-range and organic eggs
150g Belgium milk chocolate (chips or shaved)
French butter to serve (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Sift flour and sugar into a large bowl.
3. In a glass jug, whisk together milk and eggs. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the milk mixture, stirring until the mixture is combined.
Add the melted butter, mixing well.
5. Gently fold in the grated pears and chocolate chips or shavings. Spoon the mixture into the muffin trays, filling about three-quarters full.
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until the muffins are golden and firm to the touch. Test with a skewer and if it comes out clean, your muffins are done.
Serve warm with lashings of butter.
Recipe by David Bitton for Australian Pears.
What’s your favourite muffin recipe?