Pineapple And Oat Muffins
Brighten up these dreary winter days with these delightful pineapple muffins, packed with the goodness of oats and yoghurt.
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup wholewheat stoneground flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
1 tsp sea salt
½ cup sugar or Logicane (low GI sugar)
1 egg, beaten with fork
2/3 cup natural yoghurt
2 tb Australian extra virgin olive oil
rind of ½ orange, finely grated
½ small pineapple, finely diced
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup slivered almonds, roughly chopped
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. In separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients before adding to the dry mix. Combine well. Add a splash of milk if too dry (this will depend on the consistency of the yoghurt).
3. Gently mix through the fruit.
4. Spoon into muffin tin, adding a few pieces of pineapple on top.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 180C for 30 minutes.
6. Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out. Place onto wire rack to cool.
Chocolate? Blueberry? What’s your favourite muffin flavour?