This easy dessert recipe is perfect for summer entertaining. Juicy pineapple goes beautiful with creamy ricotta and flaky filo pastry.
8 sheets of filo pastry
Olive oil spray
1 cup ricotta
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 egg, whisked with a fork
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Cut the skin from the pineapple and remove the core. Cut the pineapple flesh into small pieces.
3. Lay out a sheet of filo, spray with olive oil and lay a second sheet over the top. At one end, spoon a quarter of the ricotta, leaving a few centimeters of pastry at either end. Spoon a quarter of the pineapple over the top of the ricotta and sprinkle with a little cinnamon. Spray the edges of the filo with olive oil and then fold the edges over. Spray again and then roll up.
4. Repeat three more times and lay the four parcels on a non- stick baking tray. Brush with the egg and bake for 15-20 minutes until browned and crispy.
5. Drizzle with honey, then cut diagonally in half and serve.
Recipe by Dr Joanna McMillan for Australian Pineapples