Pirates Fingers Recipe
Spinach is a nutritional superfood, being an excellent source of many nutrients including the B vitamins as well as A, K, C and E. It is also a great source of fibre, protein, manganese and folate.
10 sheets of filo pastry
1 tbsp oil
2 garlic cloves
6 cups baby spinach
1 cup parmesan
1 tsp nutmeg
- Carefully make two piles of 5 sheets of filo pastry, spraying each sheet with oil. Then cut each pile into quarters.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook garlic and spinach until spinach is wilted. Leave to cool.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, parmesan, nutmeg and cooled spinach mixture.
- Place even amounts of ricotta mixture on each filo square and roll up to make an enclosed parcel. Spray the outside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Bake on a lined tray for 15 minutes or until the outside is golden brown.
- Cut in half to allow to cool and serve.
Recipe via The Healthy Mummy