Pumpkin Pecan Maple Granola Recipe
Sometimes, even the “healthy” granola from the supermarket can have hidden sugars, preservatives and artificial additives. That is why we always recommend making your own – so you know exactly what is going into your body. This pumpkin, pecan and maple granola is the perfect fall recipe, packed with the season’s yummiest ingredients. Try something new for breakfast this week!
3 cups rolled oats
1 1/4 cups raw pecans
1/3 cup raw pepitas
3 tbsp sugar (optional – substitute with extra maple syrup or agave)
¼ tsp of sea salt
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional – an extra pinch of cinnamon)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees.
- Mix oats, pecans, pepitas, sugar, salt and spice in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the coconut oil, maple syrup and pumpkin puree and whisk.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and quickly mix with a wooden spoon.
- Transfer mixture to two baking trays, lined with baking paper, and spread evenly across the surface. Bake for 22-30 minutes, stirring at the halfway mark. If you prefer chunkier granola, don’t stir as it breaks up the clusters. Instead, just rotate the pan or tray to ensure the batch is cooked evenly.
- Once the granola is golden brown, remove from oven and let cool until crispy.
- Transfer to an airtight container.
- Enjoy with milk or yoghurt.
Image and recipe via minimalistbaker.com.