Quick Broccoli And Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza Recipe
While we’re all tempted to call it quits on cooking and let the local pizza place deal with dinner, a healthy and nutritious meal doesn’t always mean slaving in the kitchen all night long. Pizza’s can be healthy meals (without the guilt), if you just swap some ingredients for a healthier alternative. Try this quick vegetable pizza recipe the next time you’re feeling peckish.
1 crown broccoli, broken into florets
1 teaspoon olive oil
2-3 tablespoons prepared pesto
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
Handful of basil leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
- Start off by preheating the oven to 400ºF (or 200ºC).
- Then simply line a tray with baking paper and drizzle a few drops of olive oil before adding the pieces of broccoli.
- Now is the best time to season the broccoli with salt and pepper, then pop into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until it starts to brown. Remove the tray, and leave to cool.
- Whether you choose to make your own base from scratch or simply buy one from the store, line another tray with baking paper and pop on the base. Then spread a thin layer of the pesto onto the centre of the base.
- Chop up some capsicum and top off with mozzarella cheese before baking in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and sprinkle over the roasted broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes and basil to taste before cutting and serving.
Recipe and image via Oh My Veggies
By Felicia Sapountzis