Quick And Easy 4 Ingredient Vegan Scones Recipe
In an era where time is of the essence, who doesn’t love a cook-up that’s super quick and easy? This vegan scones recipe provided by top food blog, Veggieful, promises to be just that with only four ingredients necessary! What’s more, it’s likely that you’ll have them all on hand.
“These scones are simple delicious and easy to make. Great for breakfast morning tea or a snack!” says the blogger. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get cooking!
3 cups self-raising flour
120g vegan margarine, at room temp
1 cup Vitasoy
1 tbsp icing sugar
Whipped coconut cream
Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius fan-forced and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add the flour and icing sugar and stir until combined.
- Add the margarine and use your fingers to rub it into the flour until lightly crumbly.
- Pour the soy milk in and knead until a dough is formed.
- Lightly sprinkle a surface with flour and knead the dough for one minute until a smooth dough has formed. Make sure you do not over-work the dough.
- Roll the dough into a long sausage and cut into 12 parts/scones. Alternatively, you can use a circular cutter and cut into 12 rounds.
- Place the scones on the tray with a little bit of space between each one.
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately with jam and vegan cream. Enjoy!