If you’re pressed time and are about to head to the supermarket to pick up a ready-made frozen meal for dinner, stop! This baghdad eggs with quinoa recipe from Eggs Australia is super simple, packed with different vitamins and minerals and includes high quality protein, meaning you’re more likely to meet your daily nutritional requirements than that of a plastic-tasting pasta dish. It’s also inexpensive, versatile and really tasty. Need we say more?
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp ground cumin
1 lemon juice
2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly grease 4 x 1 cup capacity baking dishes with a little butter.
- Divide the cooked quinoa between the four dishes and crack two eggs into each dish.
- In a small pan, melt the butter until it stats to foam, then add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until it changes colour.
- Add the cumin, lemon juice and mint and seasoning then pour it evenly over the egg dishes.
- Place in to the oven for 12 minutes, cooking longer if firmer eggs are required.
- Serve immediately with toasted flatbread.