Quick And Easy Green Juice Recipe
Now you can enjoy a quick and easy green juice without the hassle of buying a professional juicer or other crazy add-ons. This recipe can be used with a blender, and is a refreshing and healthy way to start your morning without any added preservatives or nasty chemicals. Feel free to add fruits if you want the juice to taste sweeter, and don’t be afraid to experiment with this easy recipe which is ideal for beginners.
1.5 cups water
2 cups kale leaves
2 green apples, with the cores removed
½ cup parsley leaves
1 medium cucumber, cut into quarters
2 celery stalks, chopped finely
1 piece of ginger (make sure it’s peeled)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine all of the ingredients into the blender in the order which they are listed above. This recipe is ideal for four people, so be sure to take the leftover juice and refrigerate it for later. Preserving the juice for later will also bring out the flavour and taste yummy and nutritious whenever you plan to drink it.
- Blend all of the ingredients on the highest setting to liquefy the drink completely. This will make the mixture more consistent and won’t result in any clumps or large unblended pieces as you’re drinking it.
- For those picky individuals who don’t like pulp, simply pour the mixture through a mesh sieve to remove as much as the pulp as possible. Add some ice if you like your juice extra cold, before serving in a glass.
- Blenders aren’t usually equipped to crush ice since this could actually tear and damage the blades. If you do like your juice to be icy-cold, simply add in a few ice cubes or pop it into the fridge before serving.
- Don’t forget to add water! Water is important since it will loosen up the fruits and vegetables, while also making the mixture consistent and easier to drink.
- If you’re working with a less powerful blender, it is best to keep the quantity of vegetables down to a minimum. This could backfire and cause the blades to stiffen up which will not only affect the juice, but also cause trauma to the engine.
- Add one slice of lemon (with the skin) to give the juice an extra twist of flavour, which will also aid digestion in the morning.
- Apples are fantastic to include when preparing your first green juice since they are sweet, full of flavour, and provide lots of body and definition to the entire mixture.
Image via The Road To Less Cake