Quick And Easy Tuna Pasta Pies Recipe
Looking for something quick and easy to whip up for dinner? Then look no further than this tuna pasta pies recipe! Not only is it an inexpensive option containing tinned tuna and packet pasta, it’s also a tasty and enjoyable meal for the kids.
300g broccoli, trimmed, cut into small florets
1 corn cob
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tsp olive oil
1 brown onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
2/50ml (1 cup) reduced fat milk, plus 60ml (1/4 cup) extra
185g tin tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
25g (1/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
30g (1/2 cup) fresh white sourdough breadcrumbs
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of lightly salted water according to packet instructions or until soft, adding broccoli for last 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, cut corn kernels from cob and set aside. Combine the cornflour and extra 60ml (1/4 cup) milk until smooth. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, cook stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and lemon rind, cook stirring for 1 minute. Add the corn kernels and cornflour mixture, stir to combine, then gradually add the remaining milk, stirring until all the milk has been added and the sauce thickens.
- Add the tuna, parsley, pasta and broccoli, stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill on high. Transfer mixture to 4 x 500ml (2 cup) capacity ovenproof dishes. Combine the parmesan and breadcrumbs and sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the pasta.
- Place ramekins under preheated grill and grill for 2 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden and crisp.
Recipe via Taste