Nutritious, tasty and super easy to prepare and serve – making it a perfect guilt-free lunch.
1/2 cup quinoa
2 cups baby spinach
1 can (400g) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/3 cup celery, finely chopped
1/3 mint, finely chopped
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
200g canned tuna, drained (optional)
- Place quinoa in a small saucepan and add 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil, then lower heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes or until water has been absorbed.
- Remove quinoa from heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine spinach, chickpeas, celery, mint and tomatoes, and mix well.
- Fluff quinoa gently with a fork, then add to salad mix. Add dressing of your choice and stir well to coat ingredients.
- Divide salad between 2 large bowls. Serve on its own or flake some tuna over the top.