We all love a treat, particularly if it’s considered healthy! Well, ladies, this choc-coated protein bars recipe, provided by Change Room Foods, not only contains superfood ingredients like coconut oil and cacao powder, but makes for a tasty and convenient snack.
For the bars
1 cup raw walnuts
3 tbsp IsoWhey Wholefoods Bio-Fermented Pea & Brown Rice Protein Powder (Vanilla & Lucuma flavour)
1 tbsp lucuma powder
2 tbsp coconut flour, plus extra for rolling
1 tbsp coconut butter / coconut paste, softened
3 tbsp coconut oil, softened
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
For the chocolate
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 – 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (depending on how sweet you’d like it)
Crushed toasted (unsalted) peanuts
- Blend the walnuts in a food processor for a few seconds, until it forms a flour. Add the protein powder, lucuma powder and coconut flour. Pulse to combine. Add the coconut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup and blend until a dough forms.
- Dust a clean work surface with coconut flour and transfer the dough to this surface. Shape into logs (either 4 large or 8 small). Place onto a lined tray and refrigerate until firm – at least 30 minutes.
- Whisk together the chocolate ingredients in a bowl.
- When the bars are firm, remove them from the refrigerator and take turns dipping each one into the raw chocolate mixture.
- Allow bars to cool on the lined tray for at least 10 minutes, then dip again.
- Sprinkle with crushed peanuts while the chocolate is still wet. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving. Keep refrigerated.