Love a burger that satisfies your junk food craving but is actually good for you? We all do! Here’s the recipe that will make you feel like a burger queen.
1 sweet potato
1/3 block of extra firm tofu (from a 14 oz package)
1 tablespoon tahini
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon minced rosemary
1 teaspoon paprika
1 clove garlic, minced
a few pinches of salt
A few grinds of pepper
About 1/2 bread crumbs or panko
Slider or regular hamburger buns
Hamburger fillings: avocado, onion, arugula – whatever you like!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel and bake sweet potato, then mash in a large bowl.
- Crumble firm tofu with your hands, into bowl of mashed sweet potato and combine with a fork.
- Mix in tahini, maple syrup, garlic, rosemary, paprika, salt & pepper.
- Using hands, mould mixture into patties.
- Put breadcrumbs or Panko on a plate and coat the outside of each patty with crumbs.
- Bake patties for 15-20 minutes or until edges are brown and crisp. You could also pan-fry the patties, however, you run the risk of them falling apart.
- Serve with fillings.
Image via Yummly