Banana bread is a staple in most households since it’s easy to create from scratch, tastes amazing, and isn’t a challenge for even beginners in the kitchen. Enjoy a slice of banana bread with some freshly squeezed orange juice, a cup of coffee, or some green tea as a late afternoon snack – it never disappoints!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups mashed ripe banana
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
3 tbsp milk
1 cup toasted walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add mashed ripe banana, margarine or butter, and milk.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and remaining flour; beat until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into one greased 8x4x2-inch loaf pan. Bake in a 350ºF (170ºC) oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool thoroughly on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight, for easier slicing.
Image via FG Harvest