Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
½ cup shredded coconut, plus extra to top muffins
1 cup papaya, peeled, deseeded and mashed
¼ cup papaya, peeled, deseeded and finely diced (for decoration)
1 large egg, whisked
2 tbsp butter
½ cup honey
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC.
- Over a low heat, heat butter on stove until melted. Allow to cool.
- Combine flour and coconut in a large bowl and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine mashed papaya, egg, melted butter, honey and mix well. Add papaya mixture to flour and coconut bowl and mix well.
- Place muffin cases into a standard muffin tin and spoon a heaped tablespoon of mixture into each one.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.
- Top with extra shredded coconut and finely diced papaya.