This is it: that cafe-style, moist banana bread you’ve been dreaming off. And it only takes a few minutes to get into the oven. A great recipe for making with kids and encouraging them into the kitchen!
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
2 eggs at room temperature
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
3 large very ripe/black bananas, mashed with a fork
1/2 cup walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 190C. Grease a loaf pan with olive oil or a little butter.
2. Mix together sugar, butter and eggs using an electric beater or stand mixer.
3. Sift together the dry ingredients, then add to the sugar mixture.
4. Stir through the bananas, nuts or chocolate chips if using and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
5. Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pan.
What’s your favourite banana bread recipe?