TV chef Dominique Rizzo shares her classic chicken casserole recipe, one of our favourite easy dinner recipes that the whole family will love. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
8 chicken pieces, either legs and or thigh
2 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 tbsp butter
200g bacon, diced
10 pickling onions
3 tsp Gourmet Garden Garlic
500g button mushrooms, sliced
1 cup white wine
3 cups chicken stock
1 tbsp Gourmet Garden Thyme
1. Clean, wash, and dry the chicken pieces.
2. Mix the flour, salt and pepper and cover the chicken with the flour.
3. Melt the butter in a large pot and brown the chicken for 2 minutes on all sides.
4. Remove the chicken and add in the bacon, brown slightly and add in the onions, garlic, mushrooms and cook until slightly golden.
5. Place the chicken back into the pot and add in the rest of the flour and salt and pepper mixture.
6. Add the wine and deglaze the pan by scraping the bottom of the pan.
7. Add in the stock and Gourmet Garden Thyme and bring the liquid to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover, cook for 25 minutes or the chicken becomes tender and falling off the bone. Serve hot with mashed potatoes or steamed rice, and a crisp salad on the side.
What’s your favourite midweek chicken recipe?