Indulge in this healthy lunch idea which is made from fresh ingredients and is easy enough for even a beginner in the kitchen. Make sure you have a shell pre-baked (it’ll make the process shorter), then you can fill it and bake the quiche in the oven!
1 whole egg
3 egg yolks
1/2 cup kalamata olives
2 cloves garlic
2 onions (sliced)
2 cups tomato puree
Black pepper and salt
- Start off with the pastry shell, and bake at 200ºC (400ºF) for 5-10 minutes until it softens. Take it out of the oven, and leave aside to cool.
- Mash up the kalamata olives into a fine paste.
- Saute the garlic and onions in a medium-sized pan until they begin to glaze. Add the tomato puree and cook until the mixture has thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take the pan off the heat, then add the 1 whole egg, followed by the 3 egg yolks. Grate some Parmesan cheese over the top, then arrange the sliced tomatoes.
- Cook for 30 minutes until golden brown, then drizzle some olive oil over the top.
Image via One Hot Stove