Warm your soul and delight your taste buds with this spicy pumpkin soup recipe! It’s super easy to whip-up if you’re pressed for time and can be frozen in batches to enjoy throughout the week. Cooking for more than one? It’s the ideal family meal that the littlies will love when accompanied with warm, crusty bread.
1 red onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 (300g) golden delight potatoes, peeled, chopped
1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
2 tsp ground coriander
1 litre salt-reduced chicken stock
1/2 cup pure cream
Pure cream, chopped fresh chives and toast, to serve
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add potato and pumpkin. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until potato starts to brown. Add chilli and coriander and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add stock. Cover, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and then simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until potato and pumpkin are tender. Set aside for 2 minutes to cool slightly.
- Blend in batches until smooth. Return to pan over low heat and stir in cream. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Season with pepper.
- Divide between bowls, top with cream and chives and serve with crusty bread if desired.
Recipe via Taste