Recreate Cara Delevingne’s Brit Awards Smokey Eye
Cara Delevingne is best known for her statement brows, but she was spotted rocking another big beauty trend at the annual Brit Awards: a smokey eye.
While it can look rather complex, this trend is actually really simple to replicate, especially if you’re using cream products which are easy to blend.
1. Even if you don’t suffer from oily eyelids, it’s always a good idea to apply a primer. Not only will it keep your lids from producing too much oil, but it will help to keep your makeup in place for hours.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, $17.90
2. Next, use a matte, neutral colour for the base of your eyelid. This will help to hide any prominent dark circles or veins. Use a cream eyeshadow and gently buff it in with your fingers in a patting motion across the lid.
Nars Cream Eyeshadow in Galapagos, $34
3. To create the smokey eye, use another cream eyeshadow in charcoal and concentrate it mostly on the centre of your eyelid. Blend out with an eyeshadow brush to create a seamless look.
For more of an impact, carefully draw a thin line on your bottom lash-line and blend with the same eyeshadow brush.
By Terry Ombre Blackstar Cream Eyeshadow in Misty Rock, $56
4. Use a highlight shade on the inner corner of your eye and gently pat it with your fingers.
Too Faced Candlelight Glow Highlighting Powder Duo, $39
5. Since the look is quite dramatic, make sure to plump those lashes! Curl, then coat with a waterproof mascara. It stays in place all day!
Lancome Hypnose Waterproof Mascara, $54
Image via The Fashion Spot