Recreate J-Law’s Elegant Updo
Whether it’s cascading down her back, brushing against her shoulders, or a short pixie crop, there is no doubt that Jennifer Lawrence can pull off almost any hairstyle. This look at the 2013 Golden Globes was just before J-Law took the plunge and chopped her long locks, but we can still reminiscence about this, right?
Try this easy hairstyle on your own hair, especially if it’s long with a touch of body and bounce at the ends.
1. This look is all about texture – if you don’t have natural curls, you can always fake them with a curling wand! To create those tiny baby curls, use a wand that is less than 30 inches wide, it will give you the most natural curls for this particular look. Curl tightly and away from the face – this means that your curls are less likely to look artificial.
2. After you’ve curled all of your hair (this could take a bit of time, especially if you have super-thick hair!), carefully brush the curls with your fingers. This is nothing too drastic, and won’t change the shape of your curls, or cause them to straighten out. If you have naturally curly hair, then this step isn’t required. Simply apply a touch of texturising mousse onto your roots for that va-va-voom!
3. Divide the hair into two sections (top and bottom), then work with the bottom layer. Give your hair a loose fishtail braid, and secure with a hair tie that is similar to the colour of your hair. After you’re done, pull the braid apart to add texture.
4. Pin the braid onto the roots (behind your left ear), and tuck in the end with a bobby pin. Use as many pins as you need until your hair feels secure. Then simply follow this same step with the rest of your hair.
5. If you have shorter layers at the front such as a fringe, curl this away from your face, and secure with a bobby pin for a refined look.
6. Use a little hairspray (KMS California HAIRPLAY makeover spray, $28.95) to keep it all together, but don’t go overboard since it can ruin the soft texture of your bohemian undo!
Image via Becuo