Red Velvet Cheesecake
This is a seriously impressive dessert! We’ve made it slightly less naughty by using Greek yoghurt and low-fat cream cheese, but it’s still deliciously rich and decadent.
1½ cup Chobani Vanilla Greek Yoghurt
180g 60% dark chocolate
2¼ cup sweetened condensed milk, divided
270g chocolate wafer cookies
½ cup packed dark brown sugar
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup low-fat cream cheese
2 large eggs
1 T red food colouring
1. Melt chocolate in the microwave, stopping every 30 seconds to stir, for 2-3 minutes total. Stir in ½ cup condensed milk and set aside.
2. Process wafer cookies and brown sugar in a food processor to combine. Add butter and process until the mixture is finely ground.
3. Evenly press the crumbs along the bottom and up the sides of a 23cm spring form cake pan; set aside.
4. In a blender purée Chobani Greek Yoghurt, remaining condensed milk, cream cheese, eggs, food colouring and salt. Add the chocolate mixture and blend to combine.
5. Pour the mixture into the crust and bake in a preheated 175°C oven until the edges are set and the center barely jiggles when tapped, about 1 hour. Cool 1 hour, then cover and chill overnight before unclasping the pan, slicing and serving.
What’s your favourite cheesecake?