When your hair is lifeless, frizzy and dull, it’s almost certainly dry because it hasn’t received enough moisture. This can be caused by a number of reasons including if you live in a hot, dry climate, if you spend lots of time in the sun, if you frequently swim in chlorinated water, if you wash your hair too often or if you frequently use heating products to style your hair.
So if you think your hair is in need of some nurturing, check out these handy tips to get your hair back on track, looking sleek and nourished.
- Don’t shampoo every day, in fact a couple of times a week at the most is more than enough. Shampooing too often will strip the oils and nutrients from your hair, leaving it feeling dry.
- Always condition after a shampoo, especially the ends which are prone to splitting and once a week treat your hair to a deep conditioning treatment that can replenish the moisture and seal the cuticles.
- Always use a heat protecting product before you straighten or curl your hair. Something like Moroccanoil can protect your hair from the intense heat, reducing the risk of split ends.
- If you don’t have to straighten your hair every day, don’t. If you’re a regular user of heating irons then you’ve probably been unfortunate enough to burn yourself at least once, so you’ll know how hot the iron can get. If it’s burning your skin then just imagine the damage it’s doing to your hair.
- Invest in a high quality hair brush with natural boar bristles which are gentle on the hair and help to smooth the cuticles. Look for brushes with thicker and stiffer boar bristles for the best quality.
- Have your hair trimmed regularly to get rid of any split ends and to stimulate the growth of healthy hair.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water to keep your hair hydrated and strong and ensure that you aren’t skipping protein filled foods which will enrich the quality of your hair. Foods such as fish, eggs, fruit and vegetables are best for keeping your hair healthy.
Image via topfashionz.com