Salmon And Roast Pumpkin Salad With Feta And Spinach
Tassal Research and Development Manager (and trained chef) Kevin Horgan shares one of his favourite recipes that’s quick and easy to prepare and packs in a lot of nutritional and health benefits – and is amazing for your skin too. Leftovers make a delicious next-day lunch.
2 Tassal fresh Salmon portions, skin-off
400g pumpkin, peeled
4 garlic cloves, left whole with skin on
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ lemons, juiced
200g baby spinach leaves or rocket
1 shallot, thinly sliced
25g slivered almonds
100g feta, crumbled
100g cous cous, cooked
Bunch of asparagus, blanched and refreshed
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C. Cut salmon and pumpkin into 3cm cubes.
2. Place pumpkin and garlic on an oven tray, and season with salt and olive oil. Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
3. Mix lemon and oil together and set aside.
4. Cook salmon in pan on medium heat and then let cool.
5. In a bowl, combine spinach, shallot, almonds, feta, garlic, cous cous, asparagus and pumpkin. Toss salmon through salad and coat with the lemon-oil dressing.