Savoury Superfood Bowl With Poached Egg Recipe
Who doesn’t love an easy meal that’s packed full of nutrition? Perfect to whip up towards the end of the week when cooking isn’t exactly a priority, this savoury superfood bowl – provided by Sally Matterson from her new book, Healthy Body – has the perfect balance of fats, carbohydrates and protein to help keep you feeling fuller for longer.
1 bunch asparagus, ends snapped off
1 garlic clove, crushed
100g (3.5oz) haloumi, sliced into 1 cm pieces
150g (5.25oz) quinoa, cooked as per instructions on packet
Handful of rocket
Olive oil, to drizzle
Salt (iodised or Himalayan) and freshly cracked pepper
Sprinkle of paprika or cayenne
- In a saucepan, bring enough water to a simmer to submerge the asparagus. Add the asparagus and garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until asparagus is bright green but still retains some crunch.
- Remove from the pan with tongs and cool under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- To soft poach eggs, fill a medium size saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Crack the eggs over a skimmer (poaching tool) to drain off the outer egg white. Carefully place the remainder of the egg into the water. Repeat with the other egg. Poach for 2 minutes or until the white is set.
- Fry off haloumi in a non-stick frying panover a medium heat until browned on both sides.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and divide between two bowls. Top with rocket, haloumi, asparagus and a poached egg.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with salt, freshly cracked black pepper and paprika (or cayenne) to taste.