SheSaid’s Celebrity Chef – Geoff Jansz
SheSaid’s celebrity chef – Geoff Jansz
Here are some dishes that are packed full of goodness. Women need plenty of calcium, omega 3 and antioxidants. Fish and Mediterranean style cooking contains a lot of these essential elements.
Salmon and Tomato Bruschetta
- Ciabatta, cut into 5cm pieces, then split horizontally
- 6 vine ripened tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- 10 basil leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup of your favourite dressing
- 1 tin premium quality salmon with skin & bones (bones for calcium) drained
Toast the Ciabatta in a toaster or use the grill. In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, onions, basil and dressing. Mix through the salmon without mashing the pieces, then put on top of the toasted Ciabatta slices. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper and serve immediately. Dressing Whisk together 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 2 tbsp white wine vinegar, 1/3 cup olive oil.
Fresh Salmon Steaks with Braised Capsicums
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely diced
- 3 large red capsicums, sliced
- 6 ripe tomatoes, squashed and strained (keep juice)
- 2 salmon steaks
Soften the onions over a medium heat in the olive oil. Cook for about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and the capsicum. Reduce the heat, cover the saucepan with a lid and stew for 10 minutes. Add the juice from the tomatoes and turn the heat up. Cook down until the liquid has evaporated. Taste for salt and pepper. To cook the steaks – immerse them in the hot Braise and cook very gently for 5 minutes depending on the thickness of the steaks. Serve with salad and crusty bread.