Treating dry skin can often be a nightmare, especially since the cold weather will often cause more breakage on the skins surface. If you prefer to use natural products on your skin, face masks are easy to prepare at home and can be personalised to your particular skin type. Only a few ingredients are required to create a hydrating face mask which will repair the appearance of your skin and soften any harsh lines.
Honey and avocado
Both of these ingredients are perfect for dry skin since they are hydrating, but also brighten the appearance of dark circles under the eyes.
1/2 avocado (ripe)
1/4 cup honey
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl, then stir in the honey and mix well.
- Apply onto the skin and neck and leave for 10 minutes. Try and relax until the mask has penetrated the pores of your skin.
- Wash off with cool water then moisturise as usual.
Works for both dry and sensitive skin, this mask will decrease the appearance of spots and keep the face feeling cool and hydrated. Not only do bananas work to naturally exfoliate the skin but combined with egg yolk, helps to prevent future breakouts since they are packed with zinc, vitamin B2 and vitamin B3.
1 egg yolk
1 mashed banana
2 teaspoons olive or coconut oil
- Combine the egg yolk, mashed banana and 2 teaspoons of oil into a small bowl. Then mix well until they create a clump-free paste.
- Apply onto the face in a thin layer and work into dry areas such as the t-zone. Allow the mixture to set for 20 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water.
This revitalising mask is easy to create at home and will help to repair inflamed skin while also targeting clogged pores. Gentle enough to use on any skin type, the mixture is packed with essential vitamins and minerals which leaves skin feeling youthful and soft.
Aloe vera gel
- Mix 2 tablespoons of kelp powder and 1 tablespoon of water into a small bowl.
- Squeeze out the juice from one aloe vera leaf, or use aloe vera from a bottle. Then mix it all together until there is a fine paste.
- Apply onto the face and neck, then leave it on for 15-20 minutes or until the mixture hardens.
- Remove with lukewarm water and pat your face dry.
Recipes and Image via Delighted Momma, DIY Confessions, All Women Stalk, Metro