This is one of the best slow cooker recipes we’ve made – and it couldn’t be easier. Start it in the morning and come home to a delicious aromatic chicken curry for dinner.
500g skinless chicken thighs, cut into quarters
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 medium potatoes, diced
½ cup coconut milk
1 cup low sodium chicken stock
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
3 cloves garlic, smashed
4cm piece ginger, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1-2 green chilies, pierced with a sharp knife
1/2 cup frozen green peas
Coriander to garnish
1. In the bottom of the slow cooker, whisk together the coconut milk, chicken stock, tomato paste, spices, garlic, ginger, salt and chilies.
2. Add chicken thigh pieces, onion and potatoes. Toss ingredients to coat in the sauce.
3. Cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
4. 5 minutes before serving, stir in the peas.
5. When ready, check for seasoning. Serve with brown basmati rice and garnish with coriander.
What’s your favourite slow cooker recipe?