Spring clean your body and soul!
Dust off your sneakers. With a little over two months until that first day of summer, now is the perfect time to get into shape and be ready!
Here are Fernwood Women?s Health Clubs top ten motivational tips to keeping you healthy, motivated, feeling good all year round ? and ready for summer!
1. Set your goals: Whether you?re walking for weight loss, increased fitness or relaxation, the process of choosing exercise goals helps you develop a focus for results. Write down your goals and post them somewhere you?ll see them every day.
2. Get a fitness program: Have a qualified personal trainer assess your fitness and design a program that you can comfortably follow for your level of fitness.
3. Eat small regular meals: To help increase your metabolism and avoid hunger.
4. Drink plenty of water: Every part of your body needs water to work properly, but water is particularly important for keeping the kidneys healthy. Dehydration (lack of water) is one of the reasons why people develop kidney stones.
5. Take time to ?chill-out?: To avoid the everyday stresses, make time to sit quietly, read a book and enjoy your own company.
6. Eat healthy snacks: Take fresh and dried fruit and nuts to work. These foods will provide you with energy in-between meals, helping you to maintain concentration and alertness throughout the day.
7. Don?t overdo it when you?re sick: When the immune system is fighting a cold it?s better to exercise at a controlled intensity, listen to your own body, as exhaustive exercise depletes the body?s ability to fight bacteria and viruses for up to 72 hours after.
8. Plot your progress: Seeing positive gains on a chart or record form and provide hard evidence that you?re making progress.
9. Mix-up routine: Reduce the risk of boredom by changing your exercise routine. You can also change the intensity of your program by choosing to go faster or slower on alternate days.
10. Reward yourself: Offer yourself an enticing reward for keeping active. A month?s effort could earn you a refreshing facial, massage or a new pair of shoes!
Fernwood Women?s Health Clubs was established in 1989 as a single club in Bendigo, Victoria. Today, with 65 health clubs across Australia, Fernwood is the largest women?s only health club in Australia, with more than 80,000 members.