Spring Cocktail Recipes: White Chocolate Cosmopolitan
Chocolate heaven Max Brenner share a decadent twist on the classic Cosmopolitan cocktail – make a big batch in a pitcher this weekend and serve in martini glasses with wasabi chocolate peanut clusters.
1/4 cup whole milk
210g white chocolate, chopped
1 3/4 cup vodka
3/4 cup Cointreau
1 cup cranberry juice
Juice of 1 lemon
1 pinch wasabi powder
2 cups dark chocolate, chopped
45 salted peanuts
1. Bring the milk to a boil, then pour it over the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Cover and let sit until the chocolate begins to melt, about 1 minute. Whisk until smooth. Set aside until cool, about 20 minutes.
2. Pour the chocolate mixture into a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, Cointreau, cranberry juice, and lemon juice. Shake well and serve in tall glasses.
3. To make the wasabi chocolate peanuts, line a baking sheet with baking paper.
4. Mix the wasabi powder with 1 teaspoon water. Stir until smooth.
5. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof mixing bowl set over simmering water (a bain-marie) or in a bowl in the microwave. Remove from heat and stir in the wasabi. Dip 3 peanuts at a time in the chocolate and place on baking sheet. Refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours. Serve along with White Chocolate Cosmopolitans.
For more information about Max Brenner or to shop online, visit www.maxbrenner.com.au and for other Max Brenner recipes check out Chocolate: A love Story (65 chocolate dessert recipes from Max Brenner’s Private Collection).