Chocolate heaven Max Brenner share a decadent twist on the classic Cosmopolitan cocktail – make a big batch in a pitcher this weekend and serve in martini glasses with wasabi chocolate peanut clusters.
1/4 cup whole milk
210g white chocolate, chopped
1 3/4 cup vodka
3/4 cup Cointreau
1 cup cranberry juice
Juice of 1 lemon
1 pinch wasabi powder
2 cups dark chocolate, chopped
45 salted peanuts
1. Bring the milk to a boil, then pour it over the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Cover and let sit until the chocolate begins to melt, about 1 minute. Whisk until smooth. Set aside until cool, about 20 minutes.
2. Pour the chocolate mixture into a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the vodka, Cointreau, cranberry juice, and lemon juice. Shake well and serve in tall glasses.
3. To make the wasabi chocolate peanuts, line a baking sheet with baking paper.
4. Mix the wasabi powder with 1 teaspoon water. Stir until smooth.
5. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof mixing bowl set over simmering water (a bain-marie) or in a bowl in the microwave. Remove from heat and stir in the wasabi. Dip 3 peanuts at a time in the chocolate and place on baking sheet. Refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours. Serve along with White Chocolate Cosmopolitans.
For more information about Max Brenner or to shop online, visit www.maxbrenner.com.au and for other Max Brenner recipes check out Chocolate: A love Story (65 chocolate dessert recipes from Max Brenner’s Private Collection).
Julia has lived and worked in London, Amsterdam, and New York, and is obsessed with food. She's either cooking or thinking about what to eat next. Follow Julia on Twitter.