Stefano De Pieri’s Vegetarian Farfalle Pasta Recipe
Chef Stefano De Pieri has partnered with Italian premium pasta brand Garofalo to create a pasta dish inspired through the company’s latest produced short film Caserta Palace Dream. Garofalo has long enjoyed a connection with the arts as producers of Italian short-films, sharing its creativity and passion for the ‘art of pasta’ through world cinema.
Stefano has created the pasta dish ‘vegetarian farfalle with cream of red capsicums and basil’ to pay homage to the natural beauty and radiance of the gardens of Caserta featured in the film, to share with SHESAID.
Vegetarian Farfalle Pasta With Cream Of Red Capsicums And Basil
2 fleshy red capsicums
1 garlic clove
2 tabsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onions or three shallots, coarsely chopped
½ cup cream
Basil to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp Parmesan cheese or good grana padano
360g Garofalo Farfalle pasta
- Remove talk, seeds and membrane from the capsicums and chop. Chop onion and garlic
- In a saucepan heat the oil, add the garlic, onions and capsicums and gently heat. Place a lid on the saucepan (or small pot). Simmer gently adding perhaps a touch of water and cook until very tender. It should not take more than 15 minutes.
- Place contents in a food processor and pulse to obtain a fine cream.
- Return this to a saucepan large enough to accommodate the pasta and reheat gently. Add the cream (double is better – or mascarpone), add salt and pepper to taste and basil likewise.
- Cook the farfalle as per the packet instructions al dente, drain, place in the saucepan, sprinkle with cheese and toss. Serve at once with more basil and cheese if desired.
- By sprinkling the cheese on the pasta before you toss it, you will ensure that the cheese sticks to the pasta and then is coated with the sauce.
Recipe by Italian celebrity chef Stefano De Pieri, Garofalo pasta ambassador