Strawberry Filled Dark Chocolate Easter Eggs Recipe
It’s easy to overindulge during the Easter break, but with these dark chocolate Easter eggs you won’t have to feel guilty for having one too many.
Provided by fitness guru Lauren Hannaford, the recipe is made with healthy substitutes including protein powder, oats and coconut flour and are covered with sugar-free dark chocolate, meaning they’re super low in calories, too!
1/4 cup IsoWhey Strawberry Smoothie protein powder
2 tbsp coconut flour
1/4 cup ground oats
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup milk (or milk substitute)
55g (6 squares) of sugar-free 70 per cent cocoa dark chocolate
- In a large bowl, mix the IsoWhey protein powder, coconut flour, oats, almonds and milk. Set aside.
- Melt 3 squares of chocolate and divide it between 10 egg moulds (use ice cube tray if necessary). Smooth chocolate around the edges of the mould so it covers all the sides and the bottom.
- Put the moulds in the fridge for 20 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- Remove the moulds once set and fill each mold with the protein mixture.
- Once you fill each mould, melt another 3 squares of dark chocolate and smooth over the filling until it is all covered.
- Put the moulds back in the fridge to set (approximately 20 minutes).
- Remove chocolates from Easter egg mold and enjoy!