Because people are just the worst.
Seriously, what is with this incessant need to be social and affable all the time?
Like, am I the only one who thinks people generally tend to suck?
Besides the select few friends who get my morbid sense of humor and low tolerance level for BS, I just don’t have time for making small talk or attending events that require me to act like I give a damn about my colleague’s sister’s ex-roommate’s health dramas.
Call me a bitch, but I think most people who relish alone time and detest forced socializing as much as I do will agree with the following sentiments, even if you’re not game to admit it aloud…
1. You absolutely dread having to meet new people.
2. When a work colleague tries to talk to you on your lunch break, you’re like:
3. When someone gives you their unsolicited opinion on literally anything:
4. When someone at work keeps asking questions in the afternoon meeting:
5. Getting stuck behind a slow walker in the shopping center is your idea of pure hell.
6. In fact, being in shopping centers in general is a fucking nightmare.
7. If given the option, you’d much rather hang out with a dog or cat and never endure another human again.
8. When someone has the audacity to sit next to you on public transport:
9. The feeling of joy when you finally get home and can shut the door on the world:
10. But then your roommate comes in and just won’t stop talking to you while you want to relax…
11. When you have to go to a party with people who will almost certainly want to tell you their entire life stories:
12. The feeling of relief when a social event is canceled.
13. The idea of being stuck alone on a desert island is very appealing to you.
14. When your boss says the words “This will be a team project”:
15. When you run into someone from highschool or college and are just like:
16. When the cinema is packed and the people around you talk through the whole movie:
17. The conflict you feel when you spot someone attractive, but then remember relationships involve lots of talking.
18. Coming up with inventive new excuses not to attend after-work drinks gets exhausting sometimes.
19. Alone time = HEAVEN.
20. Trying to organize a party for yourself and having people ask if they can bring a plus one you’ve never met:
21. Or the struggle of your mom telling you who you have to invite to your wedding.
22. The feeling when someone calls you instead of just texting:
23. The annoying moment someone tries to talk to you on the street, even if you have your headphones in.
24. When someone asks why you’re not a ‘people person’:
25. The moment you find someone who also hates humanity as much as you:
26. Or the rare occasion you find a human who doesn’t annoy the crap out of you:
27. And when someone calls you rude for being honest about your general dislike for people:
Images via favim.com, rebelcircus.com, giphy.com, tenor.com.
Comment: Are you a people person, or someone who hates people?