Super Easy Satay Skewers
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
• 4 (1kg) Scotch fillet steaks, trimmed and cut into 2cm cubes
• 1 tsp peanut oil
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• ½ bunch coriander
• ½ cup Fountain Satay sauce
• ¼ cup Fountain Sweet Chilli sauce
• 1 tbs Fountain Hot Chilli sauce
• ½ cup coconut cream
• Soak 8 bamboo skewers in cold water.
• Scrape the roots of the coriander and wash the stems thoroughly (they can
contain a lot of dirt.) Chop finely and reserve the leaves.
• Heat oil in a small fry pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and coriander to the
pan and sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant.
• Add the Fountain Satay sauce, Fountain Sweet Chilli and Fountain Hot Chilli
sauce, and most of the coconut cream, reserving just a drizzle. Bring to the boil
then simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
• Heat the BBQ or a grill plate to a high heat. Thread the beef cubes on the
skewers and BBQ for approximately 10 minutes, turning regularly, until nicely
charred on the outside but still pink in the middle.
• Place on a serving plate and smother in the Fountain Satay sauce. Drizzle a little
coconut cream over the top and scatter with coriander leaves. Serve alongside
some steamed rice and salad.
• This recipe creates quite a spicy Satay – if you like a mild Satay, omit the Fountain
Hot Chilli sauce.
What’s your favourite quick and easy dinner recipe?