It’s winter, it’s the weekend…what to do with the kids? Don’t despair, there are plenty of winter activities for children.
We don’t want our kids getting bored and complaining, but often as parents and babysitters we can be hard up for ideas for kids’ activities.
Here at SheSaid we’ve put our heads together and come up with the best ways to keep kids entertained in winter.
You don’t need to travel far to keep the kids happy. Why not try engaging your kids in some interactive and educational indoor activities like:
- Playing board games
- Getting some of the neighbours’ kids over for some karaoke
- Teaching them to cook or bake some yummy treats
- Digging out some old clothes and encourage them to play dress-ups
- Learning to play a musical instrument
- Asking them to direct and perform a play for you
- Climbing at an indoor wall centre
- Going to the nearest bowling alley
Of course, kids need exercise and outdoor fun too. We don’t want them sitting in front of the TV or computer too much. So why not encourage them to:
- Build a tree house
- Plant herbs or veggies in the garden or balcony
- Play tag
- Take up a new sport
- Take you to a music concert – there are plenty of kid-friendly pubs that have bands on weekends
If you’re looking to getaway and looking for a kid-friendly winter destination, how about taking them:
- Skiing or snowboarding down Victoria’s white powder slopes
- Snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef
- Exploring our wild and sandy coastlines, collecting shells and spotting migrating whales
- Hiking in Sydney’s Blue Mountains
I’m sure these ideas for children’s activities have inspired you to come up with some of your own, so why not get out there and enjoy some of them with your kids.
What winter activities do your kids love?