Sundays are for treating yourself – and what better way to do it than with this homemade, delicious and decadent Belgian waffles recipe!
Provided by head chef Ronny Ghantous over at Belgian Beef Cafe Heritage, this dish is a lot easier to whip-up than you might think. So you see, now you’ve got no excuse not to make your loved one breakfast in bed, or better yet – have them make it for you!
Good quality waffles
Vanilla Bean ice cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
125g brown sugar
2 ripe bananas
200g unsalted butter
100g 70% Dark Chocolate
- For the Banoffe sauce, add condensed milk, brown sugar, bananas and butter in a pot and cook gently until the bananas start to disintegrate.
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
- For the chocolate ganache, heat the cream until warm. Add the chocolate and stir through until glossy and thick.
- For the waffles, bake on baking paper in a 200°C oven until golden.
- Once cooked, place the waffle in the centre of a plate and spoon on the ice cream.
- Gently spoon over a generous amount of Banoffe sauce and some chocolate ganache.
- Garnish with sprigs of mint.