I still think of her daily. And it still hurts.
Sometimes the most loving thing you can do, is to walk away.
Because this is not true friendship.
I didn’t know how to be happy for her and mourn for me at the same time.
If your friend came to you, it’s because they trust you.
- When you begged him to sacrifice his Saturday night to take you shopping for a new kettle – he showed up with a smile and even a hint of enthusiasm.
- Even when you’re having a weepy, pimply, bloated PMS weekend, he’d still rather hang out with you than anyone else.
- When describing his perfect mate, he mentions silly things like big feet and no sense of rhythm. You have both.
- When you met his mother for the first time, she cried, “My son’s right – you are the spitting image of Gwyneth Paltrow” (or for brunettes – Jennifer Lopez.)
- Every time one of his friends tries to flirt with you, he gets all quiet and sulky and decides he no longer likes the guy anyway.
- When you ask him to order dinner for you, he happily tells the waiter that you’d like the penne arrabiata with capsicum and a sprinkling of bacon – your all time favourite dish.
- He talks about what you are going to do together in the future – eg, “When we go to Europe next year.”
- He takes you to all his family functions.
- You’ve met his grandmother and great aunt Betty more than once.
- He says he’s not interested in a relationship at the moment because he’s happy hanging out with you.
Looking for love? Check out Oasis Dating and chat to thousands of single guys. It’s free!