We’re head-over-heels for the ethereal, romantic braided updo at the Creatures of the Wind A/W 2014 show at NYFW. It might not be for everyone, but it’s one of our favourite hair up styles at fashion week. Here’s how celebrity hairstylist Odile Gilbert created the look using Kerastase Paris.
1. On damp hair, Gilbert created a deep right side part and distributed Mousse Bouffante throughout, then applied Lift Vertige at the roots and blow-dried hair with her hands.
2. Once the hair was dry, Odile applied Touche Perfection for added softness and shine, followed by Powder Bluff for major texture.
3. Starting at the part, she created a large braid that comes down around the face, going towards the back right side of the head, spraying with Laque Dentelle for fullness as she went. She continued braiding with the rest of the length so the braid sits at the back of the head, securing with a clear elastic.
4. Using her fingers to lightly rough up the front of the braid and the top of the head for a slightly messy finish, she set the look by spraying more Laque Dentelle.
Are you a fan of the braided updo?
Award-winning hairstylist Lizzie Liros shows us how to achieve one of our favourite hair up styles, Blake Lively’s effortless goddess look which would be perfect for a boho wedding.
1. Apply a volumizing mousse on dry hair and blow-dry until completely dry.
2. Taking the hair in small sections curl all the hair with a medium curling iron.
3. Run your hands through the hair to separate the curls and to create soft movement throughout the hair.
4. Create a side part. Then leaving a small section of hair at the crown of the head for the fringing, start to do a loose braid on the opposite side to your part, taking the braid to the tips of the hair. Don’t be too worried about incorporating each strand of hair, a loose braid is perfect for this bo-ho glam look.
5. Once braided, wrap the hair into a loose loop at the nape of the neck and pin into place ad desired.
6. Smooth out the front section with your fingers away from your face and take a few strands to the bun and pin, leaving a couple of stands to fall freely around your face.
Tip: To add natural looking highlights to your hair to perfectly create this bo-ho style, Lizzie recommends Amazing Hair Australia Tape-In Hair Extensions, which start at $50.00 for highlights.
What do you think of Blake Lively’s braided updo?
For more information on Lizzie Liros visit www.lizzieliros.com.