Treat the family to a delicious Sunday lunch with one of our all-time favourite pasta dishes, carbonara. This recipe is perfect for beginners since it isn’t too complicated and doesn’t take long to create.
2 pints cherry tomatoes
1 pound fettucini pasta
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound bacon
5 large eggs
1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In large pot of salted boiling water, cook spaghetti as label directs(8-10 minutes)
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, drizzle with olive oil, then roast for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium 1 minute. Add bacon and cook slowly until crispy.
- Drain pasta, add to skillet with bacon stirring. In bowl, whisk egg yolks with cheese and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper and a bit of salt.
- Pour pasta in bowl mixing fast and well, as the eggs must not thicken, but stay creamy. Add the cherry tomatoes, and season with pepper and extra cheese.
Image via Half Baked Harvest