That costs how much?!!
ALL BOW DOWN TO THE CHOCOLATEY GOODNESS.
Sometimes you just want to indulge.
Drinking alcohol out of fruit makes it healthy… right?
Definitive proof human bodies are freaking weird.
Lava cake just got NEXT LEVEL.
Sundays are for treating yourself – and what better way to do it than with this homemade, delicious and decadent Belgian waffles recipe!
Provided by head chef Ronny Ghantous over at Belgian Beef Cafe Heritage, this dish is a lot easier to whip-up than you might think. So you see, now you’ve got no excuse not to make your loved one breakfast in bed, or better yet – have them make it for you!
Good quality waffles
Vanilla Bean ice cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
125g brown sugar
2 ripe bananas
200g unsalted butter
100g 70% Dark Chocolate
- For the Banoffe sauce, add condensed milk, brown sugar, bananas and butter in a pot and cook gently until the bananas start to disintegrate.
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
- For the chocolate ganache, heat the cream until warm. Add the chocolate and stir through until glossy and thick.
- For the waffles, bake on baking paper in a 200°C oven until golden.
- Once cooked, place the waffle in the centre of a plate and spoon on the ice cream.
- Gently spoon over a generous amount of Banoffe sauce and some chocolate ganache.
- Garnish with sprigs of mint.
Mudcake has never tasted so good or been so healthy!
This plant-based chocolate mudcake recipe by chef, Cynthia Louise is dairy-free and packed with naturally sweet ingredients including beetroot, coconut and cocoa. The best part is it’s freezer friendly, meaning you can have a perfectly balanced dessert on hand 24/7!
2 medium sized beetroots (unpeeled and grated)
1 carrot (unpeeled and grated)
2 cups shredded coconut
2 tbsp psyllium husk
15 dried dates
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup cocoa powder
200 g soaked almonds (soaked overnight in 2 cups of water, then rinsed well and drained)
1/4 cup chia seeds
pinch of salt
1 cup soaked cashews (soaked overnight in 2 cups of water, then rinsed well and drained)
1/4 cup chia seeds
2/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup cocoa powder
250 g cocoa butter (melted)
- Combine all ingredients for the base in a food processor and process until well combined.
- Transfer into a round spring-form cake tin, pressing down to get an even layer. Set aside in the fridge while you make the icing.
- For the icing combine the first five ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Once creamy and smooth, turn the blender down to medium speed and pour in the melted cocoa butter. Blend for 5 seconds.
- Pour onto the cake, and set aside in the fridge for the icing to set and the cake to firm up.
Vegans, rejoice! This has to be by far one of most decadent and delicious vegan chocolate pikelets recipes EVER. Created by top food blogger, Veggieful, this breakfast dish is super tasty, easy to make and is the perfect Sunday morning treat to serve up on a chilly morning. Sweet tooth’s, eat your heart out!
1 cup soy milk
1/4 cup water
1 cup self-raising flour
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
2 tbsp cocoa
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
- For the topping: Melt the cocoa, coconut oil and maple syrup and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- For the pikelet: In a blender (or you can beat it all in a bowl) add all ‘pikelet’ ingredients and blend until smooth without lumps.
- In a frypan on high heat, spray with oil and drop 2 level tablespoonfuls of the batter mixture into the pan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip to the other side for another 30 seconds or so until just browned. Set aside.
- Continue frying until all of the batter is used.
- Stack the pikelets and add a light layer of chocolate topping between each layer.
- Serve with strawberries and enjoy!
This chocolate and hazelnut cocktail is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s dessert at a dinner party, a cheeky TGIF beverage, or a get together with the girls. Sweet, creamy and rimmed with honey and chocolate flakes, calories will be the last thing on anybody’s mind!
60ml (1/4 cup) Baileys Original Irish Cream liqueur
125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
2 tbsp bought chocolate sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
2/3 cup ice cubes
Extra honey, to serve
Chocolate sprinkles, to serve
- Place the Frangelico, Baileys, Kahlua, cream, chocolate sauce, honey and ice cubes in the jug of a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place extra honey in a bowl. Place chocolate sprinkles on a plate.
- Dip the rim of each serving glass in honey, then in chocolate sprinkles to coat.
- Divide the cream mixture among the glasses to serve.
Recipe via Taste
There’s never a bad time to indulge in a chocolate iced coffee, whether it be for breakfast, lunch or dessert! Courtesy of the chocolatiers over at Oliver Brown, we’re bringing you a creamy Belgian sensation equipped with good quality chocolate and vanilla bean ice cream. What more could you want from an iced coffee?
2 shots of espresso coffee or equivalent
1 scoop vanilla bean ice cream
4 cubes ice
100ml of milk
White, milk, or dark Belgian chocolate drops for a sweeter flavour
- In a blender, blend all in ingredients together until desired consistency is reached.
- Meanwhile, grate chocolate to create chocolate flakes.
- Serve iced coffee in a chilled glass and top with Belgian chocolate flakes.
If you want a better body then you need to consider your diet. You need to look at the nutrients you consume and plan for a balanced diet. Cut out excess takeaways, fast foods and products high in saturated fat and boost the number of ‘superfoods’ you consume on a regular basis. Here’s 5 things to get into your diet straight away in your quest for a better body:
This traditional green veg has earned a bit of an image makeover in recent years, with many people realising that the health benefits it possesses make it an essential food for a healthy body. It contains vitamins C, A and K natural folic acid, calcium, fibre, (notably indole-3-carbinol and sulforaphane). The British Dietetic Association guards against the more headline-grabbing claims that broccoli can combat cancer, heart disease and diabetes – but says it is a healthy and versatile food, making it an essential part of your diet.
This is a good source of magnesium, phosphorus, thiamine, vitamin B-6 and niacin and also provides you with iron and zinc. It’s filling so will satisfy your hunger for a long time. The ‘polishing’ process of creating white rice removes many of the nutrients that brown rice contains so making a simple switch to this will give you a much healthier option without involving a big change.
Whether it’s blueberries, cranberries or strawberries – get plenty of berries into your diet for a better body. Strawberries are high in folic acid and contain more vitamin C than oranges, blueberries get their colour from powerful antioxidants while cranberries support healthy bacteria. All berries are a good source of fibre – leaving you feeling full and avoiding the need to snack on sugary treats.
This fabulous fruit is rich in antioxidants such as flavonoids and polyphenols which can help to combat disease, making it one of the most powerful fruits when it comes to health. The seeds are ideal in salads or a host of other dishes while the juice can be a refreshing drink. Avoid buying drinks laced with too much sugar.
Yes, chocolate really can be good for you. Dark chocolate – ideally with more than 70% cocoa content since it’s the cocoa that you need – has a number of potential benefits. It is a good source of iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous and zinc. It also contains the antioxidants catechins and procyanidins. Beware some of the grand promises you may have read but dark chocolate can help with blood pressure and stress levels.
These five foods are essential to getting a diet that will help give you a better body but getting the right mix can be very tough. That’s why you should also consider the sensible use of supplements. Don’t use these instead of food but to make sure you get everything you need – particularly if your better body is part of a project to get fitter, more toned or enhance your sporting performance. Fysique Nutrition is the latest brand in this field and has a variety of products that can help towards your better body.