If this doesn’t melt your cold, hard heart, nothing will.
If I had a dollar for every time you told me I was doing it wrong, I’d be rich.
Known for her sun-kissed locks and deep-tan skin, model Chrissy Teigen’s look was an instant hit for us here at ‘SHESAID’ at the annual Golden Globes.
We loved her effortless ponytail so much that we created an easy tutorial to replicate this look at home. All you need is a few key products to create that instant body and bounce for an award-winning hairstyle.
1. Begin with day-old hair which will better hold texture and curls. Freshly washed locks are usually not advised because the squeaky clean follicles have the tendency to cause frizz, which is difficult to maintain at the best of times!
2. Use a root-lifting spray on the base of the hair to create the illusion of instant volume. This will make it so much easier for hair to stay in place for long periods of time.
Living Proof Full Root Lifting Spray, $26
3. Tie hair into a low ponytail on the base of the neck. If your hair is longer, you can also try this style as a super-high ponytail. It will highlight the back of your neck, and stay in place all day long.
4. Using a curling wand, take thin pieces of hair and curl away from the face. Remember, if you want to create the illusion of thicker hair, use thin pieces are mist them lightly with setting spray.
ghd Soft Curve Tong, $200
5. Once you’re done, release any front layers or bangs for a beachy, bohemian look. Turn your curling wand to the lowest setting, and curl away from the face. If the curls look too defined, simply pin them back and wait for them to settle.
Image via Fashion Times