Cool down this summer with a delicious treat that is sure to satisfy all of your house guests. Red wine popsicles are another irresistible way to enjoy your favourite red wine in another form! The pinch of roasted strawberry makes the flavour oh-so-sweet and perfect for those hot days ahead of us.
Makes 6-8 popsicles depending on size
450g strawberries (hulled and quartered)
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp granulated sugar
240ml sweet red wine
- Preheat your oven to 190ºC.
- Mix together the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, and sugar into a medium sized bowl. Once the mixture has combined, spread over a tray lined with baking paper. Even out the mixture with your hands or simply a wooden spoon.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes in the oven or until the berry juices have slightly thickened. Remove and leave to cool.
- Divide half of the roasted strawberries and juice into a food processor until smooth. Then slowly stir-in the red wine.
- Add the remaining roasted strawberries into the popsicle container, then pour the red wine to the rim.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour before inserting the popsicles sticks, then continue to freeze for 4-6 hours. Serve completely frozen.
Image and Recipe via Pastry Affair