If you’re thinking about giving your beauty bag a makeover, these product gems are a must.
Like your beauty au naturel? There’s no mistaking the dangers everyday chemicals pose to us in everything from our food to top-shelf beauty products. I’m loving these fabulous, new “green” luxury and anti-aging face, hair and body products which both promise and deliver much, without all the nasties. What’s more, we can all do with some extra TLC in autumn/winter! Shop to it, beauties.
RELATED: Beauty Etiquette 101: Make-up Application Dos and Don’ts
1. Mermaid Perfume Hair Shine Spray, $38: Ever wanted to make like Ariel, the iconic heroine from The Little Mermaid? Here’s your chance: Mermaid Perfume is said to be the new “it” global product. This beauty consists of heavenly orange blossom flowers and coconut oil. What’s more, it enhances hair shine, softness, elasticity, lustre and tames flyaways. Mysterious, romantic and ethereal, its stunning scent will transport you to sunnier climbs on a paradise island… Sigh. This is guilt-free beauty too, not tested on animals.
2. Waterlily Vitamin A Enriched Treatment Crème, $59, via: This is a super delicious smelling vitamin-intensive facial crème enriched with vibrant carrot and precious cold pressed oils. What’s more, there’s casings of anti-ageing vitamins for this ultimate repair treatment targeting the signs of ageing. This authentic Australian spa collection uses only the purest of natural botanical ingredients. Rich in aromatic essential oils, organic French clays, cold pressed plant oils, anti-ageing vitamins, healing herbs and lashings of exotic fruit, floral and marine extracts, this beauty brand is a feast for the senses.
3. Obagi ELASTIderm Eye Gel, $99.95: Try to turn back the clock with this cooling gel, which is perfect for normal to oily skin – especially if you live in a tropical or humid climate, as I do. Its all-natural ingredients, such as antioxidants and blueberry extract, are said to tighten and smooth the delicate eye area. Obagi products are designed to minimise the appearance of premature skin ageing, skin damage, hyperpigmentation, acne marks, and sun damage. Find them at dermatologist and plastic surgeon clinics, medical spas and via other skin care professionals.
4. Olivine Love + Salt Beach Hair and Body Mist, $25: Love + Salt is a vegan, volume-enhancing mist which will give you divine beach waves, in manner of a Californian sun goddess. Even better, you can spray it all over your body for beautifully hydrated skin thanks to “good” hydrating salts like Himalayan pink salt. And, happy days, Love + Salt is 100 per cent natural, vegan, cruelty-free and eco-friendly. It’s a love/love!
5. Grown Alchemist Regenerating Night Cream: Neuro-Peptide & Violet Leaf Extract, $84.95: This rich facial cream is formulated with a potent blend of peptides, antioxidants, vitamins and more. Its aim? To beautifully restore skin elasticity, noticeably reducing the appearance of fine lines, and soften and smooth the skin while boosting hydration. And ladies, this hard-working product does all this while you sleep. Yay! And this brand is the business: organic, anti-aging skincare, body and hair care.
6. 100% Pure Mint White Tea Moisturiser, $39.95, via: This super lightweight, non greasy, mattifying facial moisturiser is said to hydrate and nourish the skin without clogging pores. Even better, it’s packed full of skin-loving, nourishing, organic nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants to keep your skin healthy, hydrated, and looking youthful. Naturally, there’s no hidden nasties (pardon the pun), and it is instead loaded with goodness, and so is suitable for sensitive skin types, vegans and those avoiding gluten.
7. Waterlily Moroccan Rose & Guava Hand Treatment, $42, via: This luxurious hand and nail crème treatment is a rich buttery blend of cocoa and shea butters finished with precious oils of evening primrose, apricot and jojoba. Laced with an exotic blend of skin brightening fruit extracts and pro vitamin B5 and E to protect and repair nails and cuticles, I adore both its heavenly feel and smell. Treasured oils of Moroccan rose with healing benzoin complete the treatment, to promote gorgeous hands and stunning nails. Hands down, it’s a dead-set winner.
8. Tata Harper Elixir Vitae, $399, via: This supercharged, lightweight anti-aging face treatment promises to reduce wrinkles, which is lucky because, motherhood! It works by visibly smoothing the skin’s surface and filling the look of fine lines, topically delivering the visual effect of an injectable. What’s more, Tata Harper is a 100 per cent fresh, natural and cult-status beauty brand favoured by A-listers like Rachel Zoe. Sold!
9. Grown Alchemist Age-Repair Serum: Peptide-8 & e-2 Polysaccharide, $94.95: Smooth those expression lines faster than Usain Bolt, with this potent, fast-acting anti-aging serum. Peptides 8 & 6 combine to erase the look of forehead brow creases, squinting creases surrounding the eyes and feathery lines surrounding the lips. And all bases are covered with this organic, anti-aging skincare, body and hair care brand. Sign me up!
10. Obagi Professional-C Serum 10%, $69.95: Got dry, irritated, or sensitive skin? Help combat the signs of skin damage, via the healing power of Vitamin C, with this gentle yet concentrated formula. A skin antioxidant, Vitamin C is said to brighten skin, retain moisture, replenish Vitamin E and more. Your skin will love you for it!
Make like stylish beauties Beyonce, J-Lo and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley by bagging yourself cult international beauty brands favoured by the stars at new luxe beauty etailer Lulu and Lipstick. Stocking thousands of on-trend beauty and skincare brands from around the world, Lulu and Lipstick is like the beauty world equivalent of a candy shop. Here are SHESAID’s top 10 Lulu and Lipstick must-haves ahead of Christmas – go on, spoil yourself – point and click on www.luluandlipstick.com.
1. Velour Lashes You Complete Me, $34.50: The most luxurious of all fake lashes, these authentic mink babies – as flaunted by Queen Bey herself – can be worn up to 25 times. And if they’re good enough for the Queen… Perfect for the upcoming party season, the handmade lashes offer a full and luscious frame to your eyes. Love!
2. Mermaid Perfume Body Oil, $79.95: US Vogue called Mermaid Perfume: “one of the world’s nine best beauty products flying under the radar”. And this divine oil is a definite must-have; laced with sweet orange blossom and coconut – it’s for every girl who’s ever dreamt of being a mermaid.
3. Ayurda Cucumber and Basil Cleansing Milk, $69.95: Incorporating the wisdom of the ayurvedic philosophy, Ayurda takes a holistic approach to beauty with all-natural products designed to create “nutrition for the skin”. The beauty brand prides itself on being one of the first to link skincare to well-being, with products that go beyond organic. This cleansing milk is a great natural healer for fragile skin.
4. Tata Harper Restorative Eye Crème, $103.50: Recently labelled with celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe’s famous tagline “Maj”, NYC’s Tata Harper specialises in luxurious anti-aging beauty products which are completely free of synthetic and chemical ingredients. The products are 100 per cent natural and non-toxic, nourishing the skin and the spirit. What’s more, US Vogue called Tata Harper products “life-changing”.
5. Anastasia Beverley Hills Dipbrow Pomade, in Soft Brown, $39: The go-to precision perfect eyebrow products for A-listers ranging from Kim Kardashian to Oprah, Anastasia Beverley Hills was founded by beauty innovator Anastasia Soare. The award-winning beauty products work to balance and proportion features, with an extensive range of cosmetics, stencils and tools with which to create perfect eyebrows at home.
6. Beetox Manuka Honey and Bee Venom Facemask, $110: UK skin sensation Beetox has been hailed as a natural alternative to Botox. This luxurious and unique beauty product promises to rejuvenate skin. It is said to provide deep penetration, improve micro-circulation in the renewal of damaged skin cells and stimulate the facial muscles, thus creating lifting, tightening and firming effects. Bees were not harmed in the sourcing of the ingredients. Yay!
7. Lulu and Lipstick Make-up Bag, $24.95: This cute and cheerful cosmetics bag capitalises on the pineapple fashion and interiors trend that so hot right now. A pop of colour for your handbag, Lulu’s signature make-up bag is surprisingly large – you’ll easily fit a vast array of cosmetics in there. Bag it, baby.
8. Pink Holiday Lipstick in Love In Portofino, $28.75: Renew your love affair with pink lipstick with this luscious lip smacker from the NYC beauty brand. Pink Holiday’s lip formula is colour-saturated; moisturing, but light on the lips; colour-true and anti-aging. What’s more, this beautiful, bright pink will give you soft, kissable lips. Pinkilicious!
9. DERMAdoctor KP Duty Body Scrub With Chemical and Physical Exfoliation, $52.90: US celebrity cult brand DERMAdoctor Specialist Skin Care provides the latest solutions to common skincare problems such as rosacea, keratosis pilaris and melasma. And with Brazilian model and designer Camila Alves crediting this product for her recent, flawless Oscars skin – it’s worth a whirl, to be sure!
10. Lime Crime Lipstick in Babette, $23: Make-up renegades from Los Angeles, Lime Crime strive to create the most kick-arse true-to-colour, cruelty-free and vegan cosmetics possible. This vampy pastel coral shade (pictured at top and below) is bold, opaque and colour-drenched. It’s perfect for hot, hot, hot summer parties and just the thing to complement on-trend maxis.