Winter and coffee goes together like summer and the beach, so ditch your vodka cocktail and bring in the weekend with this coffee martini. If you don’t have an espresso machine, create your own by making a small batch of instant coffee – while you may not get the crema, you’ll still get the flavour!
125ml (1/2 cup) freshly brewed espresso coffee, cooled
90ml Tia Maria liqueur
60ml (1/4 cup) vodka
Ice cubes, to serve
- Place the coffee, Tia Maria, vodka and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake to combine.
- Strain the coffee mixture and divide between chilled serving glasses.
Recipe via Taste
It’s no secret that Australians are fussy about coffee. Harris Coffee has spent around 130 years proudly roasting and blending their beans for the discerning Aussie tastebud. And what a way to end a long, working week than with a Harris vanilla espresso martini. It’s the perfect cocktail to ease you into cooler weather, with a lovely vanilla twist!
Time 10 minutes
30ml of Harris Coffee Vanilla Espresso mix (mix together freshly ground and brewed Harris Espresso coffee and fresh vanilla beans and leave for a few minutes so the vanilla can infuse into the rich Harris coffee)
45ml good quality Jamaican or Caribbean rum
15ml Kahlua coffee liqueur
5ml egg white (1 part egg white to 2 parts water)
5ml vanilla sugar syrup
- Pour ingredients into a shaker filled with ice, shake vigorously, and strain into a chilled martini glasses. It should have a nice “crema” froth like an espresso.
- Garnish with 3 Harris coffee beans and grated dark chocolate.
40ml premium chilled vodka
10ml creme de cacao
50ml chilled doppio (double shot) espresso
25ml vanilla infused sugar syrup
grated dark chocolate
Ferrero Rocher chocolate
1. Put the vodka, creme de cacao, espresso and sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker, shake with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass.
2. Garnish with grated chocolate and drop in a Ferrero Rocher.
Bacino (baby kiss) – perfect as an after dinner drink
10ml premium liquid chocolate
10ml thickened cream
10ml vanilla and Star Anise infused sugar syrup
1. Wipe the rim of a sherry glass or martini glass with orange peel, then dip in honey followed by cinnamon sugar.
2. Pour the liquid chocolate, cream and vanilla and infused syrup into the glass and stir and extract coffee on top and stir.
3. Garnish with star anise on the rim and a wedge of orange on a saucer.
Honey Affogato (to drown) – perfect for a dessert
1 dessert spoon honey
1 scoop honey gelato
50ml doppio (double shot) espresso
1. Line the inside of a short glass with honey and add the gelato.
2. Pour the espresso over the gelato.
3. Sprinkle with crushed honeycomb.
4. Serve with a parfait spoon.
For a delicious espresso shot, Sunbeam have a wide range of espresso machines. Prices vary from $109.95 to $999.95 RRP and are available from department stores and electrical retailers nationally.