We wish we could pull this off.
You probably weren’t aware of #14.
Ever woken up with tired, droopy eyes that just won’t co-operate?
There are a few simple makeup tricks which can turn your look from drab to fab, without burning a hole in your pocket. Next time you wake up with tired eyes, try a few of these tricks to transform your entire appearance before stepping out the door.
Not only is white eyeliner extremely easy to find both in-store and online, but it is also really inexpensive. Rather than lining your eyes with a black pencil (which also makes them look smaller), take a white liner and use it instead. Line both your top and bottom waterlines, to create the illusion of bigger eyes. This is a perfect trick to use if you haven’t had enough sleep the previous night, and need an instant pick-me-up.
Curl your lashes
Who knew that curling your lashes could make a big difference to the entire look of your face? If your eyelashes are straight, use a curler to give them some body and structure for the day ahead. There are many varieties which include hot lash curlers which are easy to use, and won’t harm your eyes.
To complete this look, use a waterproof mascara and stick to 2-3 coats which won’t clump your lashes. Waterproof formulas have the ability to hold a curl better, and won’t leave your lashes looking too dishevelled or out of place.
If you suffer from prominent under-eye bags or veiny eyelids, then I’m sure that you’re already familiar with this handy makeup trick.
Take your concealer pen, and draw an upside-down triangle under each eye. Carefully dab the product into your skin with a damp Beauty Blender or your warm fingers to create a flawless, natural look with ultimate coverage. Not only does the concealer hide any dark patches of skin, but it also makes the entire eye area look lighter.
To enhance the shape of your eyes, use a shimmery cream eyeshadow on top of each lid. Stay away from dark, smokey shades which could have the opposite effect on your eyes, and ultimately make them appear smaller than they actually are. Light shades of rose, metallics, and beige are best since they enhance your look without creating additional dark patches on the face.
Keep it natural by applying a BB cream or tinted moisturiser to your face. This light coverage is perfect for maintaining a natural-look, and won’t draw attention to any harsh lines on your face. Rather than applying a thick foundation which only emphasises these areas, use a tiny amount of product and mix it with a shimmery skin perfecter for dewy skin. Don’t apply this over or around the eyelids since it can only aggravate sensitive skin.
Image via Pinterest
We’re loving Rachel Bilson’s cat eye makeup at The To Do List premiere in L.A. today. The 31-year-old actress updated the sexy 1960’s makeup with a thoroughly modern twist, pairing that Brigitte Bardot eye makeup with matte nude lips and glowing cheeks. Here’s how celebrity makeup artist Amy Nadine create the look.
Amy used Tarte SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliner to create a medium-thick winged cat eye, ending at the same point where Rachel’s eyebrows finish .
She then used the same eyeliner on Rachel’s lower lash line, and smudged it slightly to create a modern smokey eye.
Amy paired Rachel’s sexy eye makeup with matte nude lips, using Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in Lucky, the perfect your-lips-but-better shade.
What do you think of Rachel Bilson’s makeup?
- To accentuate and heighten the colour of your eyes, choose shades that offer a contrast so the eye colour will definitely stand out.
- When applying eye colour you have to remember that light shades emphasise and make an area appear larger. Dark shades diminish and make an area look smaller.
- If you suffer from eczema or dry eyelids never use shimmer colour all over the lid.
- To give the appearance of thicker lashes and to enhance eye colour, dot between the root of the top lashes with a very black eye pencil.
- To obtain full lashes make sure you wiggle the mascara wand at the root of the lashes and work up and out. For longer lashes tilt wand down and lightly apply to full length of lash.
When you’re making your eyes stand out there are some rules you have to remember.
- Groom Your Brows: The first thing you have to do if you want big sexy eyes is to groom those brows. Don’t muck around with this. Go to a beautician if you haven’t already had your brows shaped.
- Your skin around your eyes tends to be darker and uneven. Use a thin coat of concealer – one shade lighter than your skintone – under your eyes and on your lids to make it look balanced. I suggest Yves Saint Laurent: Touche Eclat Radiant Touch.
- Use a highlighter to dab on your browbones. Then apply a light-coloured shadow from your lash-lines up to the high lighter with a brush. Blend them so you don’t notice any lines.
- Now apply Kenya Eye Intensifier Pencil by Sue Devitt along the base of your upper lashes but make it as thin as possible. Grab an eye-lash curler before you apply a coat of black mascara. While mascara is still damp, separate lashes with an eyelash comb. Voila! Your eyes will look bigger and sexier than ever before. I suggest to use Maybelline Full n’Soft mascara in Very Black.