Poached chicken with spinach in sesame oil and green beans
2 chicken breasts, skinned
1 clove garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper to season
500 ml chicken stock
200 g whole green beans washed and tailed
- Rub the chicken with garlic, salt and pepper. Heat chicken stock in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Then reduce the heat and add the chicken. Gently poach the chicken on each side for five minutes or until it is cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with aluminium foil to keep warm. Steam the beans for five minutes.
- Add the spinach with some sesame oil and crushed garlic and cook in a wok with a lid on for 5 minutes.
- To serve, place spinach on each plate and top with the whole beans.
- Slice the chicken breast diagonally and place them on top of the beans.
- Pour a little of the chicken stock over the top.Collette recommends you try to do fat-burning exercises like a boxing combo class or running for at least 30 to 40 minutes. You have to try and do this at least 4 times a week for it to be effective. If running and boxing aren’t your game then try to go for a long power walk and combine it with a pair of hand-held weights, this will increase the intensity. (you can buy hand-held weights at any sports store nationally).Another fabulous exercise is aqua aerobics which is great for total body toning and fitness. The great thing about water aerobics is that you actually don’t realise you are doing strenuous exercise.
Now, you’ve got some exercises you might need the motivation. Get a friend to start exercising with you or invest in a personal trainer for a few sessions to get you on the right track and motivated. It might seem a lot of money initially but you will thank us for it when you’re feeling great and more alive.
Finally, keep a record of your weight and then set yourself a target. Goals will get anyone to run. Good luck and don’t forget to write in and tell us about how you’re going.