Want to create a delicious and healthy breakfast snack which you can eat while you’re on-the-go?
We have tracked down the perfect breakfast cookie made using quinoa flakes and tasty goji berry to keep you fuller for longer, and last until lunchtime!
1 1/3 cup quinoa flakes
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 stick butter (softened)
2 ripe bananas
5 tbsp coconut sugar
3/4 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup dried fruit
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of flake sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC) and line a tray with baking paper.
- Combine the butter and coconut sugar with an electric or hand mixer.
- Add the mashed banana pieces, apple sauce, and vanilla extract. Mix well until they have all combined.
- Next mix the quinoa flakes and coconut flour. This may seem a little difficult to mix, but remember to keep stirring until everything has meshed well together.
- Fold in the dried fruit, chopped almonds, and sesame seeds until you have a thick batter.
- Spoon carefully onto the tray, and sprinkle with sea salt. Cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown, then remove and transfer onto a rack to cool.
Image and Recipe via Honestly Yum