Sweet and creamy with a hint of spiced rum.
If you’re looking for a light, summery salad this spring, you can’t go past Jamie Fleming’s kale salad with prosciutto, pumpkin seeds and cranberry balsamic vinaigrette recipe. Of course, kale is a popular superfood among the health concious, but it’s also super versatile and tastes delicious when sauteed with a dash of butter, garlic and white wine, as in this dish.
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 bunch kale, stemmed and torn roughly
50ml white wine
40ml olive oil
30ml balsamic vinegar
30ml Ocean Spray low sugar cranberry juice
100g prosciutto, thinly sliced
50g Ocean Spray craisins dried cranberries, chopped
40g Parmesan cheese, shaved
30g pumpkin seeds
Salt and pepper, to season
- In a large frying pan, lightly brown butter and garlic.
- Toss kale into pan and allow to fry briefly. Deglaze pan with white wine, allowing it to cook out until all the wine has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and place kale onto a large serving platter.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk oil, vinegar and cranberry juice together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dress kale with vinaigrette while still warm.
- To serve, add prosciutto, craisins dried cranberries, parmesan and pumpkin seeds to kale and toss lightly.
Just because the warmer weather is setting in, doesn’t mean that you can’t enjoy a hearty vegetable hot pot. Created by 2014 Masterchef finalist Jamie Fleming, this recipe incorporates an Irish component of mashed potatoes, herbs and butter to deliver a full flavoured and authentic taste.
2 tbsp olive oil
650g pork neck
100g plain flour
150g speck, diced
2 small red onions, peeled and chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 large parsnip, peeled, cored and chopped
550ml Ocean Spray cranberry juice
500ml chicken stock
400gm whole tinned tomatoes
8 sage leaves
½ bunch of thyme
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
salt and pepper, to season
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
600g Desiree potatoes, peeled and chopped
¼ bunch of parsley, chopped
¼ bunch shallots, chopped
Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Lightly flour and brown pork in a casserole dish on a stove top with the olive oil and speck. Remove and set aside.
- Add more oil to the pot and sweat garlic and onion. Add carrots and parsnip. Fry until cooked through.
- Add pork back to pot and allow to summer for 5 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Deglaze pan with Ocean Spray cranberry juice. Add chicken stock, tomatoes, sage, thyme and mixed herbs.
- Once liquid is at a light simmer, transfer to oven with lid on for 90 minutes or until meat is tender and pulls apart easily.
- Place pot back on cook-top and allow to simmer. Add butter and vinegar to stew and reduce as desired.
- For champ, boil potatoes in salted water until soft and cooked through.
- Strain boiled potatoes and pass through a ricer to create mash.
- In a pan on low heat, beat milk and butter with a wooden spoon. Add mixture to potatoes and mix through. Season to taste and add shallots and parsley.
- Serve champ topped with stew.