Imitation is the finest form of flattery.
Dark, purple berry and burgundy lipstick shades are very “in” at the moment, with celebs like Lorde and the Kardashian sisters rocking a red wine-colored pout. Recently, Kate Hudson turned heads at the NYC Wish I Was Here premier, vamping up her usually bohemian look with a sexy Michael Kors number, complete with a dark lip!
To get Kate’s look, keep the rest of your makeup minimal. All you need is a coat of foundation and a lick of mascara. Also, keep your hair simple and off your face, drawing all the attention to your perfect pout. You might also want to stick to neutral-colorer clothing – you don’t want shades that clash with your lip color.
Before applying any lipstick, you should exfoliate your lips to remove excess skin that might cause your lipstick to clump or crack.
Dark lipstick can be a bit messy, and to help stay within the lines, you must line the edges of your lips with a matching lip pencil. Some makeup artists recommend filling in the lip with pencil as well to give you rich, longer lasting color.
Apply your lipstick – keeping within the lines – and blot when you’re finished.
Images via beauty editor and nylon mag
Kate Hudson was one of our Oscars best dressed, thanks in part to her gorgeous hair complimenting her stunning Versave gown. Celebrity hairstylist Chris McMillan described it as a “modern take on a classic 1930’s/1940’s hair style. I saw it as Veronica Lake meets Jerry Hall.” Here’s how to get the look in a few easy steps.
1. “The key to this hairstyle was Living Proof Prime Style Extender. Because of the rain, we needed to use a product that would seal the hair and protect it from all the moisture in the air. The product was our most important tool for creating a look that would last the whole night. I started by applying Prime to wet hair before blowing it dry with a round brush.
2. I added a strong side part to the hair for a touch of glamour and applied Living Proof Satin to the ends for a polished shine.
3. I then used a 1-inch curling iron to curl the ends and brushed through them through with a Mason Pearson Boar Bristle Brush. I finished the look by spraying Living Proof Flex to give it a light hold.”
Which celebrity hairstyles stood out for you at the Oscars?
Kate Hudson looked sexy and sophisticated at the LACMA Art + Film Gala in L.A. on 2 November wearing a revealing gold Gucci dress, perfectly paired with an elegant bun hairstyle. Here’s how celebrity hairstylist David Babaii created one of the easiest celebrity hairstyles, an elegant bun in just a few easy steps.
1. David started by blow drying Kate’s hair with the T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i Dryer and a large paddle brush to achieve a sleek, smooth finish.
2. Once dry, he applied a light paste to the top crown area to tame any flyaways.
3. Next, he created a side part and brushed all her hair into a low ponytail, securing with a band.
4. Then he loosely wrapped the ponytail into a knot allowing some ends to pop through for a not-too-polished effect and secured with bobby pins.
5. To finish, he sprayed a small amount of shine spray to lightly set them look and add a glistening finish.
What do you think of Kate Hudson’s elegant bun hairstyle?
Lea Michele has opened up about how Kate Hudson helped her through her most difficult time following boyfriend Cory Monteith’s death.
“I called her and said, I don’t know where I’m going to go because my house is swarmed [with reporters],” Lea reveals in the December issue of Elle. “She was like, ‘Oh, you’re going to stay at my house.’ Like it was nothing.”
Hudson, 34, also opened up her L.A. home to Michele’s family and friends.
“She let my family stay there, and any of my friends. She made sure that in the refrigerator were my favourite juices,’ Michele, 27 said. “I’ll never really be able to thank her, truly, for what she did for me.”
The celebrity friends met in 2012 when Hudson guest starred on Glee playing Michele’s character Rachel Berry’s dance instructor.
Monteith, 31, died in July from an overdose caused by heroin and alcohol. The couple has been dating from the beginning of the show in 2009 although only went public with their relationship in 2012.
The actress revealed how she was moving forward with her life following his death.
“Now that I’m in this position, you can choose to rise, which is what I’m going to try to do.
“It’s very hard and you have to be very strong to come out of this alive, but I think by doing the best for myself, by showing that you don’t have to lose yourself, maybe someone else will feel some sort of strength or comfort.”
She says she takes comfort in carrying on with her life as Monteith would have wanted. “I know that Cory would want nothing more than for me to take this situation and use it to help people,’ she said. ‘I don’t know if I will. I don’t know how.”
Kate Hudson nailed pretty, feminine makeup at the Clear History premiere, with glowing skin and a simple smokey eye – a great everyday makeup from day to night that suits all skin tones. Here’s how celebrity makeup artist Melanie Inglessis created the look.
“With a bold, smoky eye, everything else has to be simple, so I wanted her face to look fresh and dewy with beautiful, sun-kissed cheekbones,” said Melanie.
Almay Smart Shade CC Cream Complexion Corrector in Light/Medium
Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer
Almay Smart Shade Bronzer
Revlon Cream Blush in Rosy Glow
“I built a deep, smokey look by continuously blending the eyeliner, primer and shadow. I coated the top and bottom lashes twice with mascara to add a little more drama and complete the smokey eye.”
Almay Intense i-Color Defining Liner in Mocha for Green Eyes
Almay Intense i-Color Liquid Shadow + Color Primer in Amethyst for Brown Eyes
Almay Intense i-Color Smoky-i Kit for Green Eyes
Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious Mascara in Blackest Black
Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Blonde
“I kept the lip simple with a pale pink to pull the look together and really draw attention to the eyes.”
Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm in Rosy Lipped
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Honey Bare
What do you think of Kate Hudson’s pretty red carpet makeup?